Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ghirardelli Boxes

I made a couple of these EASY boxes for friends and got the bright idea to see just how easy they were to make. My niece and nephew came to play with Trevor until he had to go back to his dad's. I decided that they needed to stay a little longer to play with me and my stamps so I took Trevor to meet his father and came back to play with Sydney and Donny before meeting their parents (my brother and sister-in-law) for supper.

I showed them my box and asked if they would like to make one (dumb question, I know). I let them pick out their own colors and stamps and this is what they came up with. I forgot to get a close-up of Donny's box before I left and this is not the better of the two pictures of Donny, but it absolutely, positively captures his personality.....cracking himself and everyone around him up! Donny made his box for his dad (you can see his head over Donny's left shoulder there).


Sydney made her box for her mom. She was quick to pick Tempting Turquoise as her box color and then the coordinating DSP. This girl's got an eye for coordinating! She came back the following day and made a card and another treat holder but I forgot to take pictures of them. :-(

This is a close-up of Sydney's box.
If you would like to try your hand at it, you can find the directions on the SplitCoastStampers (SCS) website - or just click here to go directly to the directions. If an 8 year old and a 5 year old can make these with very little help (seriously! I only cut out the sections because they couldn't see where they had scored - that's it!), you can whip out a dozen or so with no problem!
If you make any, please be sure to leave me a comment with a link to your finished version - I would love to see what you came up with!

No comments: