Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Getting to Convention!

I really don't like American Airlines!! Until today I had never flown American and I can tell you that I will NEVER fly them again if I can help it!!!!

We left Atlanta headed to Dallas at 11:35a with relatively no problems - other than they pretty much ignored us when we did the self check-in and we had to wait while they took the bags of people that came up after us! Our flight was delayed a little bit because we were #13 for take-off but they got the planes in the air pretty quickly and the delay was not as long as the pilot said it would be. We make it in to Dallas with no problems. We have a small lay-over so we grab some lunch and then wait...and wait some more. They finally announce that our plan is being worked on and we should be boarding "shortly". We finally board the plane and after everyone has boarded, the pilot announces that Maintenance is going to replace something on the weather radar because whatever they fixed didn't do the trick because it's still not working. We wait. The pilot makes another announcement that the radar is being replaced because the part that was replaced didn't do the trick. We wait some more. The pilot announces that this still doesn't do fix the problem so we're going to deplane and go to another one.

After going from Gate A14 to Gate A32 and waiting for the crew to arrive so that we could board our new plane, they announce that this is a smaller plane and they don't have enough room for everyone and they need 4 people to volunteer to take the 6:15p flight from Dallas to Salt Lake City. I looked over my shoulder to see if anyone was going to take them up on the offer of a $300 travel voucher, a seat on the 6:15p flight and a meal voucher. I swear there were about 6 different people practically breaking their necks to get to the counter to take them up on this offer! LOL! The crew finally arrives and we board the plane to Salt Lake....three HOURS late!

We make it to Salt Lake City with no problems but since we're so late, we can do nothing but pick up the car, check into the hotel, grab something to eat (another story in itself!) then go back to the hotel and go to bed!

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! The catalog is top on my list of what to see. Memento Mall will be my first stop since they always sell out of the "good" things! I just can't wait to see what SU! has to show us and tell us and I can't wait to tell y'all!! :c)

No comments: