Wednesday, May 6, 2009

At last!!

After my trainer didn't show up for our session this morning, I came home and got started on Brittany's b.day/graduation party invitations. They're not totally finished but I wanted to get the finished version posted. I'm happy with the way they turned out and Brittany really likes them so that makes it even better!

The stamp set I used is the new set "Great Grad". The base card stock is Basic Black and I made the invite a top fold card. I used Whisper White for both the outside layer and the inside sentiment layer. I stamped the "Graduate G" twice - once in Basic Black and once in Brilliant Blue. I punched out the Basic Black one with the 1 3/4" circle punch and sponged the edges with Brilliant Blue. I then punched the Brilliant Blue one with the 1 3/8" circle punch and adhered the blue 'G' over the black 'G'. I used Dimensionals to pop this up. The outside Whisper White layer was run through my Big Shot with the Texturz Flourish plate to give it something extra....it looks great! The ribbon is a royal blue organdy ribbon that I bought at a local craft store....it matches perfectly! What do you think?

Outside view

Outside view with peek to the inside.

Before they were punched.....

after they were punched and put together....

after the Dimensionals were added.
They look like "poker chips" in this view to me. LOL!


I hope the wait was worth it for y'all! I had fun putting everything together and look forward to working on my Mother's Day stuff tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have those cards completed and posted for you to see....at least I know my mom, mother-in-law and grandmother won't see them here! ;o)

6 comments:

Ret said...

Angie, these are so clean and crisp looking, but yet elegant. I really like them!
Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Very nice. I love how the texture adds just that little extra to clean & simple cards like this without taking away from the design.

Selene Kempton said...

Awesome job, i like the clean layout... Fabulous!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautifully simple design.

Angie said...

I love these cards! Love the circle stamp. Thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

I love these cards! Love the circle stamp. Thanks for sharing.