Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Brittany's 1st College Card

My beautiful daughter started college today....okay, she started classes today. We had a very busy weekend with her this past weekend. We had a family cookout on Saturday so that family and friends could see her before we moved her into her dorm. Sunday we moved her into her dorm room - wow that room was small!! We had her room pretty much set up and I took a little stroll down the hall to look at a "Pepto & black" room. This room looked like someone got sick off a major binge of Pepto....only brighter pink! I seriously don't know how these girls are going to be able to sleep because their room is SO bright pink....maybe the black accents will help! The good thing about their room was that it was so big because of their layout! I immediately called Brittany, her roommate Jordan & Jordan's mom to see it.....we decided to "CASE" their layout and that really opened up their room as well!
The girls had scheduled activities beginning Sunday afternoon/evening and continuing through yesterday so that they didn't have enough time to get homesick. It worked pretty well although Brittany did say she was a little homesick....just not enough to want to come home - YAY!! Today is the start of her classes and I can't wait to hear from her to see how all two of them went! Yes, you read that correctly....she only has TWO classes today. Actually, she only has two classes Tue. thru Fri. Monday is her "heavy" day where she has THREE classes. LOL!
She got her address yesterday and as soon as she sent it to me, I had to get a card in the mail to her! The colors on this card really don't show up well....it looked so pretty in real life. I used the new stamp, "Medallion" that is the number one seller since the release of the 2009 Fall/Winter catalog! I'm seeing some great things with this set that have really got me excited so don't be surprised if you see it often in my projects! ;o)

Stamp Set: Medallion
Cardstock: Confetti Ivory
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Button, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: