Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lollipop, Lollipop, oh Lolli, Lollipop!



I wanted to take something sweet to Brittany when we went for our first official visit and since she doesn't like chocolate (I know.....the horror of it all!!) and is not big on many sweets at all (really....I'm thinking DNA tests are in order to prove she truly is my daughter! LOL!), I came up with this Lollipop Bouquet.
Can I just say this was one of the easiest projects I have ever done!! I purchased the tin at a local $1 store along with that floral Styrofoam stuff to hold the suckers & some artificial leaves. I used my Big Shot and the Flower, Daisies #2 Bigz Die to punch out a bunch of different colors of flowers. I started out using Mini Glue Dots to adhere the flower to the wrapper of the sucker and then realized that was just a waste because they would 1) stay at the bottom of the sucker because of the leaves and 2) the girls were just going to rip them off as soon as possible....so I stopped! ;o)
Brittany may not like a lot of sweets but she does like the occasional sucker. When she saw the "bouquet" I had made for her & her new friends, she "aaaahhhh'd" and "oooohhhhh'd" like the sweet & wonderful daughter and showed it off to her roommate and next-door neighbor. Gotta love it when your kid brags on you!
I would love to hear your comments! What do you think? Have you made one of these before & how long did it take you? Honestly, this was a last-minute project that took me all of about 45 minutes....start to finish!

2 comments:

Terry Molineux said...

Hey Angie....OMGosh! The arrangement is awesome...I would love to try and do one myself...one of these days! TFS

Greetings By Chera said...

Hey Angie: They are great! I haven't used the BS dies but used the scalloped circle with Dum Dum Lollipops in the middle since someone I knew was trying to quit smoking.. and this was something that I figured would help ... They loved it and it was a fun project! I love it! I am sure she will too!!