Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy 60th birthday to my dad!

Today is my dad's birthday! He turns 60 today and was just a "baby" at only 21 when I was born. ;c) For this momentous occasion I decided to try a gift card slider card that I saw on another blog. My dad is a craftsman - can't do anything half-way or use any shortcuts! When he builds something, he goes all the way. Why? Because that's what he's lived all his life...he had his own framing crew at 15 years old! This man was building houses and he had people working for him at 15!! He "retired" this year but that just means he's not working for anyone....he's doing work for himself, working around their house. Basically he's still working, he's just not getting paid for it because it's work for him & my mom. LOL! What I wonder is how long will this last - he just can't not work! Now you know why I used the retired set Power Up. ;c)

Closed card

Open card

No comments: