Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hospitals and Sleep

Most of you know that I spent "4 luxurious days" in the hospital a few weeks ago due to my annual "mystery pains". You also know that I absolutely LOVED the medical staff that visited me during the night while I was not sleeping and during the day when I was napping.....since I really didn't sleep the whole time I was there! Seriously, these staff members should be going around to each and every hospital teaching "bedside manner" classes!!! To show my appreciation for their kindness, I made mini pound cakes (using my grandmother's recipe of course!) and a "Thank You" card for each one that took care of me.

After the tests that were done, I still have one more (Monday morning at 8:30 no less!) so the doctor can see how much damage has been done over the years but his diagnosis is Crohn's Disease...but only a mild to moderate case and he sees no reason that I will not be able to live my life as I always have! He has me on medication for the inflammation and one of the meds will be my "long term" medication to treat the Crohn's. I believe I've been lead to Dr. Lee and have all the trust in him that he will treat me as a whole and not just the "disease". He's a wonderful man that wants to get to the bottom of what ails you....how refreshing!!

Now, these are pictures of the boxes of mini cakes (no, I didn't think to take one out and take a picture of it....what was I thinking?) and cards that I delivered to the hospital the week after I was released. By the way....my sleeping "habits" are still all out of whack....I was up at 4a today and am still awake at 11:49p!! YIKES! Good thing the meds are giving me energy! LOL!!


No comments: