Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Easter Goodies

I wanted to make up some goodies for Easter this year....I don't know why, I just did. ;o) We go to my parent's house for Easter lunch and egg hunting every year and even though our kids are older, they look forward to hunting eggs. I wanted to make a very simple treat for my parents (the last 2 pictures) with some of my mom's favorite and then I just kept going with the other treats....I had a ball creating these!

Let me know what you think about them..

This is the basket that I put all the treats in...it looked so cute (if I do say so myself-LOL!).
I used the Scallop Circle, small star, 1/4" circle and Boho Flowers punches to make the little chick and the Top Note Big Shot Die to make the bag topper. I stamped a flower from Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set to create the background. Can it really get any easier than this? I think not!


How would you like to see these sweet butterflies flying around your yard? These were created with Stampin' Up!s exclusive Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. I made a ton of these knowing that they would be one of the favorites...and they were! My mom took what was left over to the kids on her school bus the following day and she said they really liked them.
After I cut out the butterflies, I decided the wings needed some texture. I
used my exclusive Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz plates to give the wings that texture. I think they turned out pretty cute.
This box holds 12 Hershey's Nuggets! It's another Big Shot Die...Box #2. With the Big Shot dies, creating these treat boxes are a snap!
Yet another Stampin' Up! exclusive die for the Big Shot! This is created using the Stampin' Up! Baskets & Blooms Bigz XL die. I thought this made a cute little "Easter Basket" so I added some grass (under the treats).
You guessed it...another die! The Top Note Bigz die was used here. Talk about easy! Just cut out 2 of the Top Notes and adhere a small paper bag (cut down to about 3" tall) to the insides of both. Open bag, fill with treats and ta da...you've got an EASY treat holder! Can you imagine all the possibilities with this one?!

These are the treats I put inside the treat holder above.
You can make bag toppers with the Top Note Bigz die as well! All you have to do is fold your card stock in half and put the folded edge right below the "cut line" on the die. You'll have a perfectly cut bag topper that's folded at the top. You can also do this to create your cards...just adhere it to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of card stock and you've got your card.

This is Stampin' Up!s exclusive Matchbox Bigz XL die from the Occasions mini catalog. I can't tell you how E-A-S-Y this box is to make! The box has NO adhesive at all and the cover only needs it on one end!
I put some mini-Snickers and M&Ms in one and little chocolate bunnies in the other. I wanted to keep these really simple so I didn't add any embellishments to them....and they went over pretty darn well. Just think what would have happened if I had actually added some type of embellishment! ;o)
Yes, this is yet another Big Shot Die! I used the Scallop Circle to create these bag toppers. For the bunnies, I used the 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1/2" circle and small oval punches. These were so easy to do that I was a little sad I ran out of candy!
My mom loves black jelly beans....and those creme things (I have no idea what they're called)! They're kind of like Jr. Mints but the inside is not peppermint-flavored. I don't like them but Mama does so I try to make her something using them whenever I see them. I used a "Frappacino" bottle to hold the candies. I knew that these shouldn't be really decorated so I kept them very simple!

The simple decorations for these bottles was a cute bunny on each (created with the punches mentioned above & a cotton ball) as well as the Simple Flower Embosslit Die (they're on the lid).
I loved the way they turned out and couldn't wait to hear how much my parents liked opening up their little bunny jars to get a treat! That's not what happened! I got a phone call from Mama a couple days later...She asked how I got the treats into the jar! WHAT?! Are you kidding me? It's a twist-off lid! I thought she had lost her mind and couldn't believe she was asking me how to open the jar! I told her to twist off the lid and she said they tried that....and they tried using a bottle opener but they wouldn't budge! I couldn't believe the lids wouldn't come off and she said that every time she walked into the kitchen she would see the black jellybeans and wanted one even more and couldn't get into them...it was driving them crazy! You'll be happy to know that my dad got them open.....he used his vice grips! Oh my word!! I can't tell you how hard I laughed whelm Mama told me this...and I can't tell you how shocked I am that it took that to open them! LOL!!

No comments: